Saturday, October 3, 2009 (10a-3p)
Harvest Fest is a community celebration of the farm at its most fruitful! Festivities for the whole family will include live music, a farmers market, hayrides and games from 10AM—3PM at Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture, located just 45 minutes north of Manhattan.
Highlights of Harvest Fest 2009:
* Live music in the Courtyard featuring Brooklyn, New York’s Astrograss and Edinburgh, Scotland’s Malinky.
* Adult workshops on food and gardening led by farmers, chefs and special guests.
* Children’s workshops on cooking, gardening, bees and honey, kestrals, and more!
* An expanded Farmers Market featuring more than 20 local purveyors with delicious seasonal fare – including Stone Barns Center’s own roast pork sandwiches, organic baked goods, ice cream with homemade toppings, artisan chocolate, craft brewed beer and ale, fresh fruit and cider, and much more!
* Hayrides around the property for visitors of all ages.
* Demonstrations with animals and vegetables in our fields and pastures.
* Performances of Clucky, the Brave Little Hen, an original play by Visible Theatre.
* An opportunity to show off your farmer skills at our Farm Olympics.
* Our sixth annual Seasonal Pie Bake-Off!
Food and beverages will be available for cash purchase all day at the Farmers Market.
Tickets: Adults: $30 ($27 Stone Barns Center members)
Youth age 6-14: $20 ($18 members)
Children age 2-5: $10 ($9 members)
Advance ticket sales open to Stone Barns Center members on August 10. Ticket sales to the general public begin on August 24. As always, members receive a 10% discount on tickets. To purchase tickets online, visit www.stonebarnscenter.org. Tickets purchased by September 26 will be mailed; tickets purchased after September 26 will be held at will-call.
Harvest Fest is presented with generous support from lead sponsor Chipotle Mexican Grill, with support from Whole Foods Market. Media sponsorship by Edible Manhattan and Edible Brooklyn. Beverage sponsorship by Captain Lawrence Brewing Company.
For more information about Harvest Fest 2009, or to learn about Harvest Fest sponsorship opportunities, contact Emily Stevens at 914 366 6200 x152.
Stone Barns Center is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. All proceeds from Harvest Fest support our farm and education programs.